2016/04/27

Youtube Made Me Buy It (TAG)

I guess (almost) everyone has heart of the 'Youtube Made Me Buy It'-TAG. For those who don't know what I'm talking about : there's a quite well-known TAG that went around some time ago on YouTube where people showed what products they have bought after having seen Youtubers talking about them in their videos. I have seen quite a few of these videos and found them to be really funny, so I thought, why not do a post and show everything make-up'ish I have accumulated over the past few years...


So let's begin with the really basic stuff : the Naked (1) Palette by Urban Decay. In the meantime, there are a few more of these that came out, and I have an eye on the third now for a really long time already, but haven't bought it (yet).
To get back to the first one : I don't think that I need to give further explanation as probably everybody knows this little guy. 
I really like it and notice each morning that I automatically grab it, even if it's only for the inner corner highlight. Honestly, I couldn't imagine myself doing my make-up without it, so let's hope that it's never going empty (even if I have 'hit the pan' for some of the colours).


Let's continue with some cream and concealer! 

Actually, I have once seen a Youtuber (whose name I can't remember anymore) talking about the 'Kaufmann's Haut-und Kinder-Creme', which she used as a lip balm, and the next time I saw it in the drugstore, it had to come with me (of course). No regrets! At all. I quite like it. The only negative thing I could say about it is that you look really funny after using it as your lips become a mix of white-pink-something in between. But really, who cares? If it helps, I can deal with it.

I don't think that I need to give many explanations for the Maybelline 'Fit Me Concealer', do I? There's a whole Fit Me-serie out there that is supposed to be really light-weight, but giving some little coverage for a natural look, and this is their liquid concealer.
It's okay to cover up some undereye circles and blemishes, but I bought a shade which is a little bit too dark for my skin colour right now so I can't use it as a hightlighter/concealer type of thing, which really sucks...


I have four of the NYX 'Jumbo Eye Pencils' (in 604 Milk, 611 Yogurt, 619 Rust and 601 Black Bean). Do I even need to say you how great they are?
I love the white one to highlight the inner corner of my eyes or the brow bow, and the other either as a base for eyeshadows or simply smoked out and worn on their own. The only thing that sucks a little about them is the packaging, in my opinion, as they come with a plastic closure, which breaks reaaaaalllyy quick. But the product itself is great, so go and get it if you can!


And to stay in the same make-up-family : does somebody remember the hype around the essence 'I love' collection? I do remember that when it came out, every german Youtuber I watched used those products ... So I had to have it (obviously...)! 
I've got the 'I love Extreme' mascara, which has a really thick brush, so I guess that not everybody will love it as much as I do (and even bought a second one (which is hardly never the case, I swear).)

I also got the 'I love Stage' eyeshadow primer which, to me, seems like a normal primer. It's not something that is really outstanding and to be honest, I haven't noticed a big difference, so I don't think that it was worth the hype. But hey, at least I tried?


And this little guys? Do you recognize them?
The '24h Colour Tattoo's by Maybelline are cream eyeshadows that can be used either alone or as a base and are available in all kind of different colours. I got the more decent ones, and use them every then and now when I'm not in the mood to do my make-up or use eyeshadow, but I still want to look a little bit more pulled together. Also, they last on the lid for ages (and are sweatproof), so they're the perfect little companions for the upcoming summer.


This picture stands more for the brand as an ensemble than for the products. Of course : MAC! I guess that most people who are so in love with MAC, came across it on blogs or Youtube and wanted to know what was so special about their products, just as I did. I won't get in the details at this moment, because I've planned to do a post about my favorite MAC products, where I will elaborate more on this subject.


This two cuties are more 'recent' (one year ago?) purchases that were totally inspired by Youtube : Revlon's ' Colorstay Moisture Stain's '. I bought them on a trip to London, and really wanted to try them out. I ended up really liking the darker colour ( Parisian Passion ) because it looks really special and pulled-together immediately (it's not as dark as it comes out on the picture, I swear), but the lighter one ( London Push) wasn't really my favorite, as it has bigger glitter particles in it (which I had not seen in the shop) and I don't like that feeling on my lips that much. But for that price, I really can only recommend them aswell.


Here are a few more lip products, because hey! Which girl does ever get enough lip stuff to use and try, (to put in her make-up box and don't touch again for the next few years until she finds them back)? Right, none!

On the left, you can see a rosy-nude lipstick from Astor, that I really like for the day. Easy-going and 'long'-lasting (like, it lasts on yur lips for quite some time, but you'll have to reapply it a few times during the day) while looking cute and pulled-together : everything one could wish from a lipstick.

In the middle, I present : essence's 'Stay With Me' lipgloss in 'Milkshake'. This hype was particular about this colour and I totally get why : it's the perfect nude colour (even if the consistence of the lipgloss shouldn't be for everybody). I bought two of them as soon as they got out, and am quite sad as I have finished one of them not long ago.

On the right, we've got a NYX 'Butter Gloss' lipgloss in 'Crème Brulée'. One word : perfection.


'Hoola' by Benefit. I guess it's quite self-explanatory : the best contourer/bronzer thing I have found until now.

On the right, you can see one of the new 'Lip Shakers' by Lancôme, which I've bought in Munich. I haven't used it since then quite often, but I find that it feels quite nice and nurturing, and I like the decent colour. Let's hope that I get more use out of it during the spring/summer season!


And last but not least, I wanted to show you two tools without which I literally couldn't live : the beautyblender (which costs like 20 bucks, which sounds crazy for a little sponge...and it is! but this little guy brings the make-up game to a whole new level!) and the brushes from Real Techniques (which get the job done and don't cost you a fortune).

aaaaaand, that's it! Do I have a problem? Definitely! Do I care? Not at all!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love your post! I'm also addicted to beauty products <3

    Kindest,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!:) then I guess we have something in common haha:)

      Delete

© Perfect Blvck. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig