2016/10/02

(a little train of thought) and after this?


'Luckily', I can say that I haven't had to deal with a lot of forever-goodbyes in my life. But those I had to let go, weren't easier because of it.

2 weeks ago, I had to say goodbye to a good friend of mine. A friend that I had known since I was 5 years old. A friend that I considered to be the nicest and funniest person that I know. A friend that I wish I could've spend more time with.

Since then, I have often thought about what death actually means. Is there something that will be afterwards? Or will we end in oblivion? What happens to the dead's mind? To his soul?

3 weeks ago, I would've said that I don't believe in a life after death. Now I'm hoping there is something left after we let this world behind us. I do somehow believe that there is a sort of second life. Not in a spiritual way - I don't believe in this whole paradise and hell-theory - but I do believe that people that we love never really leave. I do believe that they watch after us. I do believe that we can make them live on in a certain way as long as they're on our minds.

And what about the people that they leave behind? What about us?  I believe that we have to live on.
I guess there is no real answer to these questions. We can't know ; it's all a matter of belief and trust. But I guess I'll hold on to that idea that there is some kind of second life. And I guess people do have to continue their life, but for 2.

Never forgotten, always beloved!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Perfect Blvck. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig