2017/02/24

First Impressions // Maybelline Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick



Initially, I had planned to publish this post on Valentine's Day, as I found it quite appropriate (don't ask me why), but eventually my computer broke down before I got to save it, so the whole post was lost, and so was my motivation to rewrite the whole text immediately after this incident.

Nevertheless, I don't want to deprive you from my (oh so important and professional...or not) opinion on the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid Lipstick that I most recently (finally) bought and tried out for the first time on Valentine's Day. As I haven't used it since then, this counts as a first impressions I'd say, which makes this post officially my first ever first impressions post (yay).



So, I actually wanted to try these as soon as they got out. One of the reasons why I felt so drawn towards them probably was the nice range of color and the fact that I have loved(and still love) every single lip product that I have tried from Maybelline. And I have to say that, despite the quite negative reviews that I found while researching about this product, I more or less quite like it. I say 'more or less', because there actually is one really disturbing aspect about it, and that's the name. Sounds strange? Okay, let me explain. 



I bought this liquid lipstick thinking I'd get a really beautifully pigmented, matte liquid lipstick that would (hopefully) stay for a really long time on my lips while not drying them out too much. Don't get me wrong, I got a beautifully pigmented (can we talk about the color? love love love! oh and by the way, this one is called Orange Shot 25) liquid lipstick that stays on for some time (not as long as I hoped it would, but it's okay), doesn't dry my lips out, looks nice and is affortable (price point : around 6 Euro), but what I didn't get was the matte effect, as you probably can see from the multitude of pictures I took to illustrate you what I mean. So why would you call a product Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick if it isn't even matte? Don't get it, sorry.


Conclusion? It's okay. I love the color, and am quite happy with the application, the durability and the way it looks, so I'll definitely continue to wear it. But don't listen to the name too much, or elsewise you'll be just as disappointed as I was when I first applied it.

SHARE:

2 comments

© Perfect Blvck. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig