2017/03/14

First Impressions // p2 Pearl Dimension Eye Shadow + Quick Everyday Makeup Look


As I have already announced on Twitter, I have bought one of the p2 Pearl Dimension Eye Shadows a few days ago in Germany and so I thought I'd share my thoughts on it with you. 


I don't know why, but I'm really all about bronzy eye shadows right now as I love how they look with my eye colour. Nevertheless, I'm still searching for the perfect bronzy everyday shade, which is one of the main reasons why I bought this one. I liked almost every shade they had in this collection, but I then decided to go for the one in 090 Sandstone Dimension, a pretty golden shadow with minimal glitter particles.

For those who don't know the brand p2 : it's a German brand that is targeted for example at DM (which is basically the German edition of Boots). Their products have normally a quite good quality for a low price point. As I bought this eye shadow for 2,95€, I can't really argue that it was an exception in that way.

Nevertheless, I wasn't that satisfied when I first applied the shadow. 
   First problem : the colour transfer isn't as good as I had expected it to be. Even when I tried to apply it with a wet brush, it wouldn't give me the same intense colour that I had witnessed in the packaging and while swatching it on the back of my hand.
   My second problem was the glitter that landed all over my face, even though I only wanted a little shimmer on my lid. 

I can't say that the shadow is bad (especially for this price), but I definitely would stick with others over this one. I don't know if I have to test it out furthermore to find a more effective way to use it, but my first impression was more like 'yahhh, it's ... okay', and that's it (even though I loved the way it made the colour of my eyes stand out). So I guess the search for the perfect golden eye shadow continues, and I'll keep you updated if I should find a better way to use this one.


For this look, I have used the Kiko Skin Tone Corrector / Primer in the green tone to get my skin ready for the makeup. 

Next, I went in with two different foundations to make my skin more even and glowing. 
   The first one was L'OrĂ©al's Infallible 24h Foundation (in 140 Golden Beige) which I applied on the forehead, the temples, the jawline aswell as the cheekbones and the chin. 
   The second one was Catrice's All Matt plus Foundation (in 015 Vanilla Beige) with which I 'filled in' the rest of my forehead, my nose and my cheeks, before blending everything out with my Beauty Blender.
   I like to use Zoeva's Buffer Brush from their Bambus Collection to apply the makeup before blending it out, but don't ask me why, I have no idea. (Oh and sorry that my Beauty Blender looks that gross on the picture, I just finished doing my makeup before taking photos of everything...)


For my concealer, I used (as always) the Fit me! Concealer (in 10), but I'm currently seaching for a new one, so if you have any recommendations, please let me know. 
I also like to contour my face both with a cream stick ( Fit me! anti-shine stick in 220 Natural Beige ) and a powder ( Benefit's Hoola Bronzer ).


To set everything in place, I went for my Essence fix&matt translucent loose powder which, by the way, won't really make your makeup more matte, but elsewise it does its job, so I wanted to use that one up before getting a new loose powder.

As a little 'extra something', I applied a little bit of Catrice's Defining Blush (in 090 Mandy-rine) to my cheeks, and dusted some of the Catrice MultiColour Highlighter (in C01 Vanilla Love), which unfortunately was limited edition, onto my cheek bones.


As you probably have recognized by now, I don't really do anything to my brows except for some gel to keep them in place. For this day, I went for the essence lash&brow gel mascara that I can only recommend.


To highlight my brow bone even more, I used some of p2's Perfect Eyes illuminator, and then directly went over to the eye shadow. I only used the p2 Pearl Dimension Eye Shadow on my whole lid and defined my crease with the same Hoola Bronzer that I had used earlier on. To finish off the eyes, I put on the Full Exposure Mascara by Smashbox and the little Clinique High Impact Mascara that you have seen earlier last week in my Clinique Haul.

For lips, I went for MAC's Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick (in Back in Vogue), which I actually don't like that much but I guess I was in the mood, sooo here we go. To finish the whole makeup look, I sprayed on some Mist&Fix Setting Spray by Barry M. that I'm currently trying out, and that's it!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Perfect Blvck. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig