2017/06/13

my top 5 red lipsticks


Attractive. Seductive. Elegant.

Most people would use terms as these to describe what they connote with the color red and moreso, with red lipstick.  While most women would go for a red lip in the evening, there are also some who have made the red lipstick their personal trade mark, such as singer Taylor Swift.

In my opinion, every girl / woman should possess at least one good red lipstick that she can rely on for every event. Not only can it be the 'star' of your whole look, but it also makes you feel special, feminine, sensual yet elegant at the same time ( or that's at least how I feel most of the time when I wear red lipstick ). 

Nevertheless, I find that it can be quite hard to find a good one considering the infinite choice that the makeup market is offering. So I thought that it might be a good idea to show you my personal 5 favorite red lipsticks!

Chanel Rouge Allure - 102 Palpitante

As you can probably tell by the brand, this Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick is the most expensive out of the 5. Nevertheless, I find that the quality does live up to the high price point. I would describe this one as a classic, bloody red shade, as it personally reminds me of the lipsticks women used to wear in the 60s. And don't even get me started about the beautiful, classic Chanel packaging! The lipstick is very creamy, so you do have to pay attention when applying it. Due to the consistency, it also isn't the most long-lasting out of the 5, but if you don't mind touching up once or twice an evening, this is the one for you. 

MAC - Prepare for Pleasure

I got this one a while ago while staying on vacation in Paris. It had a special limited edition packaging around the actual lipstick, but I'm pretty sure that the color is in the standart sortiment aswell. This little jem wasn't a bargain aswell, but totally worth its money. I am a huge fan of the Cremesheen finish by MAC, as those lipsticks glide on so beautifully and ( as the name suggests already ) only have a slight sheen to them while giving you the full color intensity. 
Compared to the previous lipstick, I'd say that it's more long-lasting. Also, it's a little brighter even that the Chanel one, and reminds me of the classic Parisian red lip ( which can also be the case because I bought it in Paris, who knows ).

L'Oréal Caresse - 401 Rebel Red

Next on my list is this L'Oréal one, which is more on the affortable side. The lipstick also isn't as intense as the rest of the lipsticks on this list, which makes it the perfect everyday shade for me. It has a very glossy finish while making your lips look like you've just eaten a basket full of strawberries. Considering the finish, I am also quite impressed with the longlivety of it on the lips. Compared to the others it doesn't stay on for such a long time of course, but still, I don't have to retouch it every hour. Even if the glossy sheen is gone, my lips have a slight tint to them which I personally quite like. So if you're searching for a good everyday red lipstick that you can use quickly on-the-go, this is the one for you!

( top 3 swatches, from left to right )
Chanel Rouge Allure in 102 Palpitante - L'Oréal Caresse in 401 Rebel Red - MAC in Prepare for Pleasure
( bottom 2 swatches )
Manhattan Colour Splash Liquid Lip Tint in 94R Red Tulip ( top one ) - Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in 25 Orange Shot

Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid - 25 Orange Shot

As the name already suggests this one is more on the orange-y red side. I have done a whole review ( click here to see ) on this liquid lipstick, which I'd recommend you look at if you're interested in knowing more about it. In this post you can also see how this one looks on my lips right away! 

Manhattan Colour Splash Liquid Lip Tint - 94R Red Tulip

Last but not least, I wanted to show you this liquid lip tint. Even though it's not really quite a lipstick, it still has all the benefits of a lipstick like color intensity and longlivety. Actually, this one stays on for the longest time even though it's the cheapest one. I also really enjoy applying it, as it has a slight cooling effect to it. You still have to be really careful when applying it, because it's practically impossible to correct afterwards ( which, as you can see, has it's pro's and con's ). 
I would describe this one as a vivid red with a slight orange undertone - perfect for hot and lazy summer days!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Perfect Blvck. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig