2017/07/20

(a little train of thought) 10 tips to my 15-year-old self


I think that everybody has this little rebellious episode in their life that they look back to and only think ' What on earth...? '. That little episode began for me by the time I turned 15.
Looking back at this time 5 years afterwards, I did a list some time ago of things I would've done differently or situations that have had a bigger impact on me. From there on, I put together 10 tips that I wish somebody would've given me back then.
  1. Don't trust everybody - Not everybody is only wishing you all the best and does what is best for you. Be realistic and try to see people how they really are instead of idealizing them.
  2. Rely on yourself - because at the end of the day, all you've got for sure, is yourself and you better get along with the person you're becoming. Listen to your gut ; honestly, it won't disappoint you.
  3. Pay attention who you're surrounding yourself with - You don't have to have hundreds of 'friends'. It's better to have a few honest persons that you can trust and that will have your back instead of surrounding yourself with a bunch of people who don't actually appreciate you for who you really are.
  4. Don't listen to them, you're fine just the way you are - Wear what you like, speak up and do what feels right for you. There will always be people who won't like you, but that doesn't mean that you have to listen to them and adjust your life to their opinion of you.
  5. Spend quality time with your family and close friends - You never know what will come next ; don't make yourself regret not having said how you really feel about a person or not having spend enough time with them ( even though you would've liked to ). Life can change in a second's time, and you never know, maybe someday it will be too late to speak up or act the way you would've wanted to.
  6. Your parents only want your best - Cliché, I know. But a good one! Trust them, they will always have your back, if you only let them. 
  7. Act like a 15-year-old - You'll have enough time to be an adult, but for now, why don't you simply act the way a 15-year-old should act?
  8. Everything will turn out to be perfectly fine - Don't stress, it'll be okay, I promise. Somehow, everything always falls into place. So even if it now seems to be the end of the world, it'll get better some day.
  9. You're stronger than you think - and don't let anybody tell you the contrary. 
  10. Never stop pursuing your dreams - Work for what you want. Do good things, and good things will always come back! Don't loose hope, it'll work out.
I can't say of myself that I'm a full-on adult right now. Like, I'm a 20-year-old that sometimes behaves like 10 and tries to get her life together. And you know what? That's perfectly fine. Yet, I'm pretty sure that I have learned alot about myself and my surrounding in those last few years, and that's kind of what triggered this whole post of. No further explanation, just a train of thought, a quick idea.

What are some tips that you would've given your 15-year-old self?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Couldn't agree with you more on all of these tips!
    I would tell my 15 year old self to not care what others think and that its ok for people not to like you <3

    https://lionesssk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a good one aswell:) xx

      Delete
  2. Such a good read xx
    So agree with number 8, I'd tell myself not to take everything so seriously!! I probably still need that advice every now and again, it's ok to mess up :)
    http://lifeofanarthistorystudent.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm glad that you liked it! I think that we all need to remind ourselves from time to time not to take everything so serious, no matter how old we get:) xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a good read, I like this point so much especially point number 10, i think it's a really important point. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I´m so glad to hear that you liked it! It´s my favorite point out of the bunch aswell, I guess:) xx

      Delete

© Perfect Blvck. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig