2017/07/29

dragon's eye


I am pretty sure that everybody knows and loves the brand Urban Decay and has tried at least one of their Naked palettes that we all rave about so much. Of course, I'm no exception to the Urban Decay hype, yet I have to say that I'm more and more getting into the Urban Decay Vice 3 Eyeshadow Palette that I use on a more regular base right now.


I love the mix of mattes and shimmer-y shades. You get 20 eyeshadows with which you can create simple, decent day-time aswell as more out-there night-time looks. Even though I usually don't go crazy on my eyelids, I loved the idea of having the possibility to try out something new. And that's kind of what I did for this look. So let's break the whole look down step by step!


1 - Apply a primer all over your face to make sure that your makeup stays on all day/night long.
what I used ... SMASHBOX Photo Finish Foundation Primer

2 - After letting the primer sink in for at least 10 - 15 minutes, go in with the foundation of your choice ( pssst... and don't forget to blend it in with your neck! )
what I used ... MANHATTAN 3 in 1 Easy Match Makeup ( in 34 Soft Beige )

3 - Let's get into concealing all the little spots, dark circles, etc. etc. etc. Long story short : everything you don't want to be visible!
what I used ... MAC Pro Longwear Concealer ( in NW25 )


4 - This step is absolutely optional but I personally went in with a slightly lighter concealer to brighten my undereye area aswell as my forehead, the bridge of my nose, the area around my mouth and the chin a little.
what I used ... MAYBELLINE Fit Me Concealer ( in 10 )

5 - Now's the moment to go in with a contour stick ( or a foundation stick in a darker shade than your skin colour ) and lightly contour your face ( around your forehead, your cheekbones, your jawbone and your nose for example ).
what I used ... MAYBELLINE Fit Me Anti-Shine Stick ( in 315 Soft Beige )

6 - Set all of your makeup base with a powder. I used a translucent powder to bake my undereyes and make sure that everything's set. I also went in with a little bit of powder on my forehead and around my nose as those are the places I tend to get most oily during the day. Lastly, I set my cream contour with a powder to intensify it even more.
what I used ... KAT VON D Translucent Powder / BENEFIT Hoola Bronzer


7 - As I want to look a little more taned, I lightly went in with a bronzer on all the places that the sun would naturally hit me ( forehead, nose, cheeks ).
what I used ... MAYBELLINE Terra Sun ( in 01 )

8 - Put some highlighter stick on the high points of your face ( such as the cheekbones, the bridge of your nose and your upper lip ). If you want to make your highlight 'pop' even more, you can put some powder highlighter on top, as I did for this look.
what I used ... SMASHBOX L.A. Lights Highlighter ( stick ) / INGLOT AMC Highlighting Powder ( in 83 )

9 - To set everything, use a fixing spray or a mist of your choice.
what I used ... MAKE UP FOR EVER Mist&Fix Setting Spray

10 - Let's get into the more fun part : eyeshadows!

  1. Set your whole lid with a light beige shade /// UNDONE
  2. To prepare your crease for the whole look, use some light brown shade all over your crease /// DOWNFALL
  3. Begin to go in with some bright green eyeshadow on the outter half of your eyelid /// DRAGON
  4. Choose a dark bronze shade on the inner half of your eyelid aswell as in your inner eye corners /// LUCKY
  5. Use a chocolate brown shade in the outter half of your crease to smoke the whole look out /// REIGN
  6. And now the most important part : blend blend blend, so that you don't get any harsh lines.
  7. For your bottom lashes, repeat the whole colour scheme from above by using your dark brown shade on the outter part, continuing with the green shadow in the center and finishing up with the bronze-y shadow from your inner corner onto the middle of the bottom lashline.

11 - To finish off the eyes, use an eyelash curler and your favorite mascara. If you want your lashes to stay nicely curled for longer, try to heat your eyelash curler with a blowdryer before using it on your lashes.
what I used ... CLINIQUE High Impact Mascara ( in 01 Black )

12 - Use a clear eyebrow gel/mascara to set your eyebrows in place.
what I used ... ESSENCE Lash&Brow Gel Mascara



13 - Last but not least : lips! I went for a lipstick in a chocolate brown shade right after lining my lips.  To top it off, I used a creamy lipgloss in a similar shade as the lipstick.
what I used ... P2 Perfect Lips Color Stop Lip Definer / MAC Matte Lipstick ( in Persistence ) / L'OREAL Cream ( in 110 I Got the Power )



Et voilĂ  : that's it already! Have a lovely day everybody!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Perfect Blvck. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig